[plt-scheme] A Couple of Questions on DrScheme/Mzscheme

From: Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor] (sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Fri Sep 27 03:03:55 EDT 2002

>>>>> "Matthew" == Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> writes:

Matthew> Who has created a multi-platform GUI toolbox that works for arbitrary
Matthew> programs (as opposed to one major client, such as Mozilla), with the
Matthew> consistency that people expect for a high-level language? Java and
Matthew> Squeak.

The sure don't have the consistency *I*'d expect because this means
that they don't integrate well with the respective native window
environment.  The fact that there is no single "native window
environment" on X is one of the banes of my life as a computer user,
as the Qt and Gtk folks have chosen not to integrate with Xt, and I
suspect it will take another 10 years until the wheel has been
re-invented once more.

I, for one, love MrEd, especially as the media classes don't seem to
have a counterpart in any other GUI toolkit, and many applications I
write vitally depend on them.

There's one single thing I miss: drag 'n drop.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike