[plt-scheme] plt-deb-taskforce and a compilation problem

From: Paul Steckler (steck at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 26 14:01:50 EDT 2002

> My first question is what to do about the build problem in bug
> http://bugs.debian.org/161985 -- I suspect the suggested solution
> isn't
> going to work, as mzc is in mzscheme which is built from the drscheme
> source
> package, so how can we use it to build?  Obvious options are:
>  1. Hack the makefile to use gcc if possible (should just be one sub?
> anyone
> know the right gcc options?);
>  2. PLT change the makefile to use gcc if possible;
>  3. Give up on building srpersist... who wants ODBC anyway? (joke!)

I *would* factor out SrPersist into a separate package.  PLT distributes
it separately from DrScheme.  Most DrScheme users don't need it.

If MzScheme is its own package, and DrScheme depends on it, wouldn't
that work?  Is the objection to the reporter's suggestion that the
current packages aren't structured that way?

-- Paul

Posted on the users mailing list.