[plt-scheme] plt-deb-taskforce and a compilation problem

From: Brent Fulgham (brent.fulgham at xpsystems.com)
Date: Thu Sep 26 13:09:22 EDT 2002

> Jon K=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=E5re?= Hellan <hellan at acm.org> wrote:
> > The srpersist Makefile in CVS says:
> > MZC=../../bin/mzc
>
> Aye, and there's the rub.  mzc is a launcher made only when
> setup-plt is run on collects/compiler, which is at install
> time for the debian package.  So,
> now there are two possibilities I can see:-
>  1. build its own mzc for the debian package builder to use;
>  2. split srpersist off into its own package.

Ack -- I forgot about this.  You are right -- we will have to
figure out how to generate the mzc launcher within the build
script for srpersist to use.

We should do this anyway, because it would be nice to build
the MzScheme package with readline support natively.

-Brent

Posted on the users mailing list.