[plt-scheme] MzScheme language stability.

From: Mark Brady (kalath at lycos.com)
Date: Wed Sep 25 10:47:48 EDT 2002

Hello. I am a newbie to scheme and am enjoying learning it. I will be building a large application soon that will require meta-programming features in the language that I use to implement it.

MzScheme seemed perfect but I have noticed that each new release seems to break backward compatibility. I won't have the resources to port my app for every new version of MzScheme if there are major changes to the language. I don't mind having a major change every couple of years or so.

Is MzScheme a moving target? How long can I expect code written for the latest version to be forward compatible? I'm coming from Python where backwards compatibility is very important and a lot of advance warning is given about any changes.

Thanks for your help,
Mark Brady.

Tired of all the SPAM in your inbox? Switch to LYCOS MAIL PLUS

Posted on the users mailing list.