[plt-scheme] (no subject)

From: Jefferson Provost (jp at cs.utexas.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 24 20:28:38 EDT 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to build a stand-alone application
that uses both MrEd and my own foreign (C/C++) code.  Right now, what I
have uses (make-embedding-executable) to build an executable with my
scheme modules in it, one of which calls (load-extension) to load my
foreign functions.  This works as long as my pwd is the same as the
directory where the compiled app is, but I can't figure out how to make it
always find the extension regardless of the users pwd.

I'd really rather have the native code linked directly into the app, but I
can't seem to figure out how to do this, either.  I've tried using mzc,
and though I've been able to duplicate much of the function of
make-embedding-executable with mzc, I haven't been able to get it to link
in my foreign functions.  Can it be done?

I guess the other question is what's the best way to wrap foreign
functions?  Right now I'm using SWIG 1.3 to generate wrapper code.

Jeff

Posted on the users mailing list.