[plt-scheme] Creating Executable

From: Paulo J. Matos (pocm at mega.ist.utl.pt)
Date: Sat Sep 7 10:58:19 EDT 2002

Hi Robert,

I've been checking and it's not just my program. Here it is what
I've done in PLT-Scheme 202 running in Linux Slack Kernel 2.4.17
(running binaries, not compiled in my system) with current
language 'Pretty Big':
I started Drscheme.
I entered the following in the definitions window:
(define double
  (lambda (x) (* 2 x)))
I've executed and checked in the interactions window:
> (double 2)
4
Ok, it's running fine.
I've saved it in home dir as double.scm.
Then I've clicked Scheme->Create Executable and it created a
file named double which is executable.
In bash:
pdestroy at localhost:~$ ./double
pdestroy at localhost:~$

It was as if nothing happened.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Paulo

--
Paulo J. Matos : pocm(_at_)mega.ist.utl.pt
Instituto Superior Tecnico - Lisbon
Software & Computer Engineering - A.I.
 - > http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~pocm
 ---