[plt-scheme] Compiling SrPersist in plt-201

From: Francisco Solsona (solsona at acm.org)
Date: Wed Sep 4 20:13:21 EDT 2002

"'Richard Michael'" <rmichael at fields.utoronto.ca> writes:

> I compiled SrPersist after removing the linking to libmzgc.a, and
> there were no unresolved references.  Thanks for the tip.

I didn't know this, maybe because I've always built SrPersist from
within a source PLT tree.  It's good to know, though.

> If I unexpectedly have to build from source, I'd like it to be as
> smooth as possible.

Once you get the driver manager (i|unix)ODBC, and the actual ODBC
driver for your particular flavor of DBMS going, I bet that compiling
SrPersist from sources is as easy as it gets.  Although, having a
configure script, would help.  I'll try to write one.

[...]

> Now, I suspect I'm about to have another problem because I don't see
> srpmain.ss in collects/srpersist/private and it's required by
> srpersist.ss.

No, you won't.  The core SrPersist is provided by the compiled version
in collects/srpersist/private/compiled/...

<shameless advertisement>

Now, since you're setup is almost exact to mine, maybe you would like
to give SchemeQL a try (and test the support for ODBC >= 3.0, that I
wrote with the manual on my lap, but no actual driver to test :)
Make sure to get the latest version (SchemeQL v. 0.04) from here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/schematics

and you will need the ported SRFIs, although available @ schematics.
You can read about SchemeQL (and as a plus about SchemUnit too) on our
paper, SchemeUnit and SchemeQL: Two Little Languages:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/schematics/schemunit-schemeql.ps

</shameless advertisement>

Oh, and BTW, there has only been four major ODBC releases: 1.0, 2.0,
3.0, and 3.5.  So, if your version of iODBC says it supports 3+, you
now know what to expect.  The "odbc reference" is:

ODBC 3.5 Developer's Guide
Roger E. Sanders
McGrawHill

which can be used either as reference, or to kill someone by dropping
it on someone's head, seriously.

HTH
--Francisco

Posted on the users mailing list.