[plt-scheme] Compiling SrPersist in plt-201

From: Francisco Solsona (solsona at acm.org)
Date: Wed Sep 4 20:13:21 EDT 2002

"'Richard Michael'" <rmichael at fields.utoronto.ca> writes:

> I compiled SrPersist after removing the linking to libmzgc.a, and
> there were no unresolved references.  Thanks for the tip.

I didn't know this, maybe because I've always built SrPersist from
within a source PLT tree.  It's good to know, though.

> If I unexpectedly have to build from source, I'd like it to be as
> smooth as possible.

Once you get the driver manager (i|unix)ODBC, and the actual ODBC
driver for your particular flavor of DBMS going, I bet that compiling
SrPersist from sources is as easy as it gets.  Although, having a
configure script, would help.  I'll try to write one.

> Now, I suspect I'm about to have another problem because I don't see
> srpmain.ss in collects/srpersist/private and it's required by
> srpersist.ss.

No, you won't.  The core SrPersist is provided by the compiled version
in collects/srpersist/private/compiled/...

<shameless advertisement>

Now, since you're setup is almost exact to mine, maybe you would like
to give SchemeQL a try (and test the support for ODBC >= 3.0, that I
wrote with the manual on my lap, but no actual driver to test :)
Make sure to get the latest version (SchemeQL v. 0.04) from here:

and you will need the ported SRFIs, although available @ schematics.
You can read about SchemeQL (and as a plus about SchemUnit too) on our
paper, SchemeUnit and SchemeQL: Two Little Languages:

</shameless advertisement>

Oh, and BTW, there has only been four major ODBC releases: 1.0, 2.0,
3.0, and 3.5.  So, if your version of iODBC says it supports 3+, you
now know what to expect.  The "odbc reference" is:

ODBC 3.5 Developer's Guide
Roger E. Sanders

which can be used either as reference, or to kill someone by dropping
it on someone's head, seriously.

Posted on the users mailing list.