[plt-scheme] Compiling SrPersist in plt-201

From: Richard Michael (rmichael at fields.utoronto.ca)
Date: Wed Sep 4 18:04:52 EDT 2002

Hello Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

> Because you're building from sources, you'll need to build that library.
> I assume you're on a Unix or Linux -- download the Unix sources
> and run
>
>   ./configure
>   make
>
> in your plt tree.  That will build all libraries, as well as
> MzScheme and MrEd.  SrPersist should compile then.

(On Linux, yes..)

I'm not building plt from source, only srpersist.  I downloaded the
plt-201 binary package, and the srpersist package.   SrPersist isn't
distributed in binary form.

I guess I'll download the plt-201 source package, build it somewhere
else, then just copy over the mzgc.o file for linking with srpersist.

Is there a "better" way to do this?  I can't imagine everyone using
srpersist wants to download and build plt itself from source.  Why
doesn't plt have the mzgc.o object included - it has mzdyn.o (whatever
that is) ?

Have I misunderstood some of the process you're suggesting?

<snip comments on sqlucode.h>
> Try commenting out the include.  You might need the definitions
> above, in which case insert them somewhere suitable, such as
> srpersist.h.

Thanks, I'll try that..

Regards,
Richard