[plt-scheme] MrEd question about embedding editors in editors

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 4 12:02:03 EDT 2002

> I have non-fixed, user-definable fields that I would like to embedd
> into some text% or a similar editor. I'm basically looking for a way to
> have trees whose nodes are labels and whose leaves are editable text
> and embedd them into a scrolling editor.

If you haven't already, look at the "hierlist" collection. I think what
you want could be built most easily on top of the hierlist classes
(which are text%-based).

In any case..

> Question: Is this possible using a derivative of the text% class?

Definitely. If you don't build on hierlist (or maybe even if you do), I
imagine you'll need to derive subclasses of text% and editor-snip%.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.