[plt-scheme] Compiling SrPersist in plt-201

From: Francisco Solsona (solsona at acm.org)
Date: Wed Sep 4 10:55:05 EDT 2002

Richard Michael <rmichael at fields.utoronto.ca> writes:

> I'm trying to compile srpersist (either 201 or 202) against plt-201, and
> it can't find libmzgc .. (-l mzgc).  Does anyone know where I can find
> it?

On my system, mzgc is always installed at: ${PLTHOME}/lib, and that is
why, the Makefile in SrPersist reads:

-L../../lib

which is the relative path to the aforementioned directory.

> Also, SrPersist expects the system header sqlucode.h:
>
> from srpersist.cxx:
>
> #if (ODBCVER >= 0x0300)
> #include <sqlucode.h>
> #endif
>
> I'm using iODBC and that header isn't included (it's from unixODBC).
> This makes SrPersist non portable for ODBC vers > 3.  Does anyone know
> why SrPersist is written this way?

I'm not sure, sqlucode.h is required for ODBC drivers > 3, or not.
The MS ODBC documentation lists the header file:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odbc/htm/odbcodbc_header_files.asp

I also use iODBC as driver manager together with the actual ODBC
drivers for PostgreSQL, and MySQL, and was not aware this particular
combination were 3.+ compliant.  I thought it was a 2.0 ODBC driver,
this information could be outdated, though.

hth
--Francisco

Posted on the users mailing list.