[plt-scheme] I want the old help desk back

From: Benderjg2 at aol.com (Benderjg2 at aol.com)
Date: Sun Sep 1 21:59:37 EDT 2002

In a message dated 9/1/02 7:32:13 PM, steck at ccs.neu.edu writes:

>As mentioned in an earlier response, Google's lack of frames
>makes navigation clumsy.

Probably I should add a small clarification to my response:
As far as I'm concerned, when you've left the search engine,
you've left the search engine. I actually dislike the "search"
feature in IE, for this very reason. The IE search "frame" hangs
around, even when I've left the search "context". To me, if I am
in a page that is one of the results of a search, if I want to do
a new search, the back button is the *right* way. Or directly
enter the url for google. (Or rather, enter the very beginning
of this url- my browser auto-completes...)

To me, the help desk is a bit different. "Results" in the help
desk should be like "results" in the search engine. And I mean
the final search results, not just the page that tells me about
"hits" in the teaching languages + mzscheme. Within your own
domain, there really is no reason that the "search box" header
(and possibly footer) can't be added to all of these pages.

Jim

Posted on the users mailing list.