[plt-scheme] I want the old help desk back

From: Mike T. Machenry (dskippy at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 1 18:07:03 EDT 2002

On Sun, Sep 01, 2002 at 02:35:30PM -0400, Paul Steckler wrote:

> Brian Campbell wrote:
> > Would it be possible to make the help browser not use frames? I
> > find that in my browser (OmniWeb on Mac OS X), the frames screw
> > up my back button, so every time I hit back, I go to the list of
> > manuals, rather than the previous page. Couldn't the search form
> > just be automatically added to the top of each page?
>
> Yes, but it would be esthetically displeasing, IMHO.

  I don't think it would be displeasing at all. In fact most every
search facility I've ever seen does this; Google included. You could
also have one front search page and require using the back button to
enter a new search. Some people may like that but it would definatly
get tiresome.

-mike

Posted on the users mailing list.