[plt-scheme] handling user-breaks in MrEd app...

From: Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor] (sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Thu Oct 31 10:11:19 EST 2002

>>>>> "Robby" == Robert Bruce Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> writes:

Robby> Doesn't emacs use regular expressions to solve a context free
Robby> problem?

I don't see how this is context-free (at least not the part regexps
are used for).  It just matches on the keywords in certain situations
and is therefore dependent on a certain coding style---just like
auto-indentation.

Robby> Given that we have a good solution for "offline" syntax coloring, there
Robby> is even *less* incentive to make an online version (unlike paren
Robby> highlighting).

I'd say that the current syntax highlighting in DrScheme is nearly
useless---it disappears too quickly to provide any information.  As I
said, syntax highlighting in (X)Emacs is primarily useful *while I'm
typing*, and I find it one of the great usability benefits of XEmacs
over DrScheme.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike