[plt-scheme] handling user-breaks in MrEd app...

From: Robert Bruce Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 31 09:21:15 EST 2002

At Thu, 31 Oct 2002 09:16:40 -0500, John Clements wrote:

> On Thursday, October 31, 2002, at 12:54  AM, Jefferson Provost wrote:
> > - The editor can't keep up with my key-repeat when I hold down the
> > backspace key, and I end up over-deleting all the time (1.2GHz Athlon
> > running Debian linux).
> >

> Well, de gustibus non est disputandum, but let me suggest something
> anyway; use s-exp key bindings for navigating and deleting
> s-expressions.  I used to find myself holding down the delete key (and
> even the arrow keys) a lot, until I discovered M-C-f, M-C-b, and M-C-k.
>   Frankly, these are a big win whether you're using emacs or drscheme.

Alternate versions that I often use are the alt-arrow keys to move by
sexpressions and alt-shift-arrow keys to select sexpressions (for
deletion and copying, etc). Very useful both in emacs and drscheme
(easily added to emacs if your version of emacs doesn't have them built
in).

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.