[plt-scheme] cvs sources missing file?

From: Richard C. Cobbe (cobbe at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 11 08:59:53 EDT 2002

Lo, on Friday, October 11, Jefferson Provost did write:

> I just got the cvs sources, and tried to compile (for linux) and got the
> error that the file xwSimpleP.h is missing, which it is, sure enough.
> Here's the end of the make spew...

<SNIP>

Simple.h and SimpleP.h aren't part of the PLT source distribution;
they're part of your X libraries.  Most likely, you don't have the
appropriate development package installed.  The exact package name
depends on your distribution; for Debian/stable, it's libxaw7-dev.

Alternatively, if you do have a copy of these files on your system as
part of your X installation, it's possible that the PLT makefile isn't
looking in the right place (although in my experience, it usually gets
this right).  Check the arguments to configure for a way to fix this.

HTH,

Richard

Posted on the users mailing list.