[plt-scheme] srfi-0 cond-expand

From: David Rush (kumo at bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Oct 7 15:07:26 EDT 2002

sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de (Michael Sperber [Mr.  Preprocessor]) writes:
> The big problem with SRFI 0 is that it assumes a monolithic Scheme
> implementation: it doesn't support SRFIs which are libraries,

Well it doesn't specify how feature-identifiers can be added to the
run-time environment. Since different implementations have
idiosyncratic means of doing this I guess that it has just moved the
compatibility problem back a little bit.

OTOH, encouraging monolithic support of SRFIs is not necessarily A Bad
Thing (TM). As we had the discussion a few months ago - SRFIs are
*not* libraries - they are meant to be features of implementations.

Anyway, thanks for the point on feature-identifiers.

david rush
--
A desire to adore a head of state is a grim transgression against
republicanism.