[plt-scheme] PLT Scheme 202 Response Time

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 7 11:10:49 EDT 2002

At Sun, 6 Oct 2002 21:14:21 -0400, "Jeff Stephens" wrote:
>    I recently converted from PLT Scheme 103p1 to 202.  I am running
> Windows 98 on a Pentium II-233 w/196MB of memory.  When I
> installed 202 I generated the .zos files.  Version 202 is
> "excrutiatingly" slow!  To give an idea, it took approx. 60 seconds
> from the time I clicked on "File -> Save Definition as" until the
> "Save" window finally appeared.  I don't have this problem with any
> other applications, nor did this problem occur with version 103.  Is there
> anything to be done about this problem?

Is the slowness specific to the "Save" dialog? Startup in v202 will be
a little slower than v103, but generally things should work as well as
before.

I have noticed a problem occasionally with the "Save" dialog. Others
have reported it, too. So I wonder whether you're seeing the same
thing, or more general slowness.

Thanks,
Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.