[plt-scheme] Library symbols in macros

From: Zbyszek Jurkiewicz (zbyszek at duch.mimuw.edu.pl)
Date: Wed Oct 2 12:21:51 EDT 2002

While transforming programs from version 103 to 201 I've encountered
the following problem:

- I have a module (in a separate file), which defines and provides
some non-hygienic macros.  Expansion of one of them contains symbol
naming library procedure getprop (from compat.ss).  This library is
required in module.

- In top-level where I require this module I receive undefined symbol
error about getprop.  The cure is to require compat.ss from the place
of macro call.  I would like however to avoid this, because users
need not know the expanded form (and I like the freedom to change
implementation later).

- Is there some solution which I overlooked short of making macro
expansion to somehow include requiring compat.ss?

Best regards,

Zbyszek Jurkiewicz

Posted on the users mailing list.