[plt-scheme] The Junk oops Jolt Awards

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 07:11:36 EST 2002

--- "Neil W. Van Dyke" <neil at neilvandyke.org> wrote:
> Junk?  My employer won the 1990 CASE category Jolt!

Well, in that case I unreservedly retract my earlier
comments. *cough*

> The soda can looked
> great in our lobby when military/aerospace/datacomm
> types came by to be
> persuaded to spend 6 figures on a glorified
> diagramming tool. :)

Hey, it's certainly worked for Rational, Jolt winners
in 2001, 1999, 1998, 1997 and 1995.  Except Rose isn't
a glorified diagramming tool; the diagramming tools on
the market are much better than Rational's product.
Ah, I love Rational. "You've bought the book, now buy
the software!"  They do product tie-ins like a
Hollywood pro!

At the suggestion of Ehud Lamm[1] I've also nominated
the lambda calculus, Alonzo Church, 1936 (the original
untyped LC ;-).  We have to wait till the voting
starts to really spam the system, but this is already
looking fun.

Noel, feeling rather impish today

[1] Ehud can either claim all or no credit at his discretion.