[plt-scheme] Question on Teaching Scheme with DrScheme

From: Neil W. Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Wed Nov 6 13:53:43 EST 2002

BTW, Norvig did a side-by-side comparison of CL and Python, in
connection with his AI/CS education work:

    http://www.norvig.com/python-lisp.html

I did look into Python (after Minsky's student at my lab advocated it to
me), and felt I could probably use it without excessive discomfort.
However, I decided my research prototyping preference was for Scheme
(with Oleg's SSAX helping on the library support issue), and that the
PLT Scheme educational work was much more solid than anything I'd seen
based on Python.

--
                                                        Neil W. Van Dyke
                                             http://www.neilvandyke.org/