[plt-scheme] Scheme and Directory Services

From: Lear, Russell (Russell.Lear at usa.xerox.com)
Date: Tue Nov 5 12:41:41 EST 2002

I'd like to communicate with some existing (java) applications that use SOAP
and LDAP.

I haven't looked into it yet, but I'm betting that SOAP is covered by the
XML and net packages (either directly or with fairly minimal work on my
part).

The interface with the directory services seems more difficult.  Is there
something similar to the Java JNDI package?

I think I can work around this in the short term: JNDI has a DSML "provider"
that uses XML files as the repository (assuming all my services have access
to a central file service).

Any thoughts?  I had hoped to avoid doing this one myself!

Thanks,
Russell.

Posted on the users mailing list.