[plt-scheme] BitField

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Sat Nov 2 09:11:53 EST 2002

Paulo Jorge O. C. Matos wrote:

> Last week I was in need to control bits to implement RC4 private key
> algorithm in

> PLTScheme and I was not able to find something that would allow me to
> check

> bits and move them around, etc so I created a little module of
> bitfield operations.

> Unfortunately I think it could be better but had no better idea. The
> library is at:
> http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~pocm/bitfield.ss

I think you missed the bitwise operations. At first I overlooked them
too, when
I implemented the md5 algorithm:

If you try it, then use time to see the difference between the builtin
and the userdefined. There is a world of difference.

Take also a look at Olin Shivers proposal for an integer bitwise-operation

This looks very nice.

Jens Axel Søgaard

Posted on the users mailing list.