[plt-scheme] stepper for R5RS scheme?

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Wed Jun 26 10:29:20 EDT 2002

At 1:13 PM -0700 6/25/02, Michael Vanier wrote:
>[Please handle PLT Scheme list administrative tasks through the Web:
>

>I just installed the new DrScheme.  Nice work, guys!  One thing: currently
>the stepper only works for the beginning student levels.  When will it be
>ready for R5RS?
>
>Mike

Good question.  Part of the answer is: when we can formulate a
reduction semantics for r5rs scheme.  The combination of top-level
defn's, call/cc, and other peculiar scheme features makes it
difficult to come up with a good reduction semantics for the full
language.

I'm working on it, though.

john

Posted on the users mailing list.