[plt-scheme] Question about classes (class.ss)

From: Erich Rast (Erich.Rast at t-online.de)
Date: Tue Jun 18 09:17:38 EDT 2002

Hello,

My template systems for "external" classes, that I'm borrowing from
another programming language and have mirrored into MzScheme, is
evolving. Right now, I'm stuck with the following problem:

My template system should allow the super class to inherit all of its
super class methods (incl. property getters and setters) to the new
'external' class, provided the child class does not declare them.
However, there is no way for a new 'external' class to know all
superclass methods in advance.

Is there an official way for the child class to automatically inherit
_all_ superclass methods _except_ the new methods defined in the
child class?

In other words: With declaration (inherit-all), a child class should
automatically override any superclass method with the same name, but
otherwise inherit the superclass method.

Is that possible with MzScheme's class.ss library?

Regards,

Erich

Posted on the users mailing list.