[plt-scheme] Announce: WebIt! - An XML Collection (version 0.4)

From: Benderjg2 at aol.com (Benderjg2 at aol.com)
Date: Sun Jul 28 16:37:17 EDT 2002

In a message dated 7/26/2002 10:06:51 AM Central Daylight Time,
noelwelsh at yahoo.com writes:

> Some docs on the schema definition part of the
> library would be nice.  I have no intention of writing
> an XML Schema for SchemeDoc just to translate it into
> Scheme!

I have just updated the WebIt! distribution to include a new file
"types.txt" in the xml-tool collection documenting this part.

As well, I have added to two new syntactic forms: define-element
and define-attribute which may make things easier for you. In
their simplest form, one can simply write (define-element album)
to define a new XML element named album. But as well, one
can optionally (with define-element) specify patterns (the same
kinds patterns as in xml-rules) which can be used to validate an
element at construction time.

Both the XML Schema-based mechanism and the additional method
based on these forms is described in the new documentation.

The new version, 0.4a, may be downloaded at

The types.txt file is also available at

Jim Bender