[plt-scheme] efficiency

From: Adrian Kubala (kubalaa at mail.utexas.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 19 06:56:46 EDT 2002

MJ Ray <markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

> Adrian Kubala <kubalaa at mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
>> Having a single executable is pretty neat [snip!]
>
> Yes, but *other* than that, is there any advantage? [...] The lib
> isn't likely to be that much smaller, is it? It would still need all
> the .zo files with it.

Yes, I suppose PTLs philosophy is more like that of a scripting
language, where I was imagining something more self-contained.

> Just checking the obvious: you are using compiled modules? (.zo
> files) Sorry if you already said that. Otherwise, I'll just boggle
> and wonder what happened.

Actually I guess I wasn't, because I just assumed this was done
automatically for the library files. I changed from (lib "pregexp.so")
to (lib "pregexp.zo") and didn't get any significant improvement, a
second or less.

adrian

Posted on the users mailing list.