[plt-scheme] confused and probably dazed

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 17 15:22:15 EDT 2002

At Tue, 16 Jul 2002 15:41:38 +0200, "Rohan Nicholls" wrote:
> Although the second part of the problem is solved, I am still interested in
> using a cygwin version of mzscheme.  Is there anyway to get my hands on a
> source tar ball for cygwin?  If not, I will wait until I have cvs working and
> learn how to use it and use that.

I think the Windows source bundle compiles with cygwin. But the source
is set up to make the cygwin build work as much as possible like the
Windows build. In particular, it won't use the cygwin path conventions.

You could try to modify "sconfig.h" in the source to disable the cygwin
detection, and therefore compile the same as for a generic Unix. That
might work.

It's also possible that gaps in cygwin will prevent it from working
correctly. For example, in the version of cygwin that I've used,
select() optimistically reports that an output file descriptor is
always ready. In theory, MzScheme can deadlock as a result.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.