[plt-scheme] " vs ||

From: Paul Graunke (ptg at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 10 16:32:23 EDT 2002

At Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:14:46 -0400 (EDT), David Feuer wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Paul Graunke wrote:
>
> > What is wrong with '|a b /c\d| for the symbol you want?
>
> Macrological trouble...  Thinking of writing a translator from a sort of
> Scheme with different quotation to PLT Scheme, but having no true literal
> symbols gets in the way.  '|a b /c\d| is not a literal symbol: it is an
> identifier (|a b /c\d|) to which quote is applied.  That's not at all what
> I want...
>
> David

If you are trying to fabricate an identifier in the macro output from a
symbol available at macro expansion time, try using with-syntax and
make sure that datum->syntax-object tacks the appropriate source location
on your created identifier for hygenic stuff.

Otherwise, I think you'll have to post your macro (or better yet, a
simplified version that illustrates the problem) to the list.

Paul

Posted on the users mailing list.