[plt-scheme] Enumeration types

From: Paulo J. Matos (pocm at rnl.ist.utl.pt)
Date: Tue Jul 9 12:25:00 EDT 2002

> It would greatly depend on what you were doing. If you're using the
> enumerated symbols to stand for some properties as they are very
> commonly used, then all you need are symbols in scheme. If you are
> using them another way, then I'm affraid I'd need more context as
> scheme is very different from C and often there are no equivalents

I just wish to associate a number to a symbol. So that each
symbol that is part of a enum has a given number associated with
it. This is part of a protocol. The protocol says that it send 1
for error, 2 for acknowledge, etc. I would like to treat these by
the name acknowledge and error and not by the number that could
change...

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Paulo

--
Paulo J. Matos : pocm(_at_)rnl.ist.utl.pt
Instituto Superior Tecnico - Lisbon
Software & Computer Engineering - A.I.
 - > http://www.rnl.ist.utl.pt/~pocm
 ---