[plt-scheme] emacs and Mzscheme

From: Neil W. Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Wed Jul 10 06:34:06 EDT 2002

Rohan Nicholls <Rohan.Nicholls at informaat.nl> writes at 11:44 10-Jul-2002 +0200:
> and am trying to get MzScheme to run as an inferior lisp process,

Perhaps someone else is aware of a good solution, but if not, here are a
few suggestions...

Recent versions of ILISP, which you may have used before for CL
inferior-Lisp support in Emacs, appear to provide at least a little
support for MzScheme:

Alternatively, you can use the much simpler "cmuscheme.el" package.  You
will probably end up gradually extending it in Elisp to provide better
MzScheme support.  One example of extending "cmuscheme.el" for a
particular Scheme implementation is "giguile.el" (which I have not yet
had time to retarget towards MzScheme):

In either case, if your Emacs doesn't automatically use Scheme Mode, add
something like this to your ".emacs" file:

    (setq auto-mode-alist (cons (cons "\\.ss\\'" 'scheme-mode)

Also, I recommend hardcore Emacs users force themselves to use the
DrScheme 200 environment for at least a few days.  You will want to know
how to use it anyway, at least for occasional debugging, and you may
find you like it well enough for everyday code-writing.

                                                        Neil W. Van Dyke

Posted on the users mailing list.