[plt-scheme] problem with message%

From: Zbyszek Jurkiewicz (zbyszek at duch.mimuw.edu.pl)
Date: Mon Jul 8 09:05:09 EDT 2002

The simplest way is to initialize a-message to contain a string
of spaces of appropriate length, e.g.

  (make-object message% "        " ...

If you need more dynamic solution, open the Help under message% and
you will find all the methods there --- message% inherits from
area% methods for setting minimum width and height.

Regards,

Zbyszek Jurkiewicz

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Nicolas Chevallier wrote:

> [Please handle PLT Scheme list administrative tasks through the Web:
>
> I don't understand this problem
> I try to test this on scheme 2.0 and there is the same problem
>

> > (define a-frame (make-object frame% "label" #f 200 200 200 200 '()))
> (define a-message (make-object message% "" a-frame '()))
> (send a-message set-label "test")
> (send a-frame show #t)
>
> ### the frame is shown but the message is not shown ###
>
> > (send a-message get-label)
> "test"
>

> if the initial label of the message object is one chararacter
> the label shown is t
> so the initial label must be at least 4 characters to see "test"
> the problem is that i want to put a variable length label...
>

> Nicolas Chevallier
> nicolas-chevallier at wanadoo.fr

Posted on the users mailing list.