[plt-scheme] OSX and .NET support

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 6 23:13:43 EDT 2002

> On the .NET side of things, I'd really love to see PLT add support
> similar to but higher quality than the hotdog compiler.  .NET interop
> would open the door for scheme to many real world applications that it
> will not otherwise be considered for (as sad as this is).  I am
> interested in knowing if this is something that is likely to happen or
> not...

Microsoft has similar thoughts. We have just obtained a grant from MS to
port and integrate DrScheme to .NET via Twobit Scheme (aka Larceny, but
on CLR that would be Common Larceny. If you're not American, forgive the
pun.)

Because DrScheme is a very large product, we are looking at a two year
horizon. Indeed, we are also looking for a professional programmer to
work
on this project for two years. An official job ad is forthcoming but if
anyone's
interested, get in touch with me.

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.