[plt-scheme] scheme questions

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 6 22:14:32 EDT 2002

Short: the answers are "no" and "no".

Long: In HtDP, the canvases with strings (I remember creating one, but
it could
be two or three) were created with a version of the module/teachpack
system that
was a bit unsafe. At the time I could sneak in strings through a
backdoor. The back
door still exists, but it leads into a deadend.

If you're interested in this kind of thing, look up "viewport graphics"
in help desk.
It's the most natural growth path before you hit DrScheme's true
underlying graphics
box.

As for printing, the HtDP pictures are screen dumps from my Windows and
Linux
plt tree and included as either gifs, jpegs, or eps. That's your best
bet at the moment.
Sorry, but the teachpack wasn't intended for large graphics stuff. Just
for a taste.

-- Matthias