[plt-scheme] gui problems

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 2 18:28:35 EDT 2002

At Sat, 29 Jun 2002 19:39:01 +0200, "Nicolas Chevallier" wrote:
> -i search a way to make a button with both an icon and a label
>
> the problem with a bitmap is that the backgroung color of the bitmap will
> not be the same as the system button color (under win or mac os). If i want
> absolutely this object i must create it?

Using `get-panel-background' to get the button color might work well
enough on Windows and X. For Mac OS, bitmap-based buttons do not
currently look like regular buttons, anyway.

Probably controls that support bitmap labels should also support mask
bitmaps. Maybe in v202.

> -i search a way to make a list of files or folders, like in explorer under
> windows or the finder in mac os. it's like a listbox with an icon and a
> label . a sort of filelist
> any idea?

As Daniel said, it sounds like you want to use the classes defined in
the "hierlist" collection. (I know. It's not easy to find if you don't
know it's there.)

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.