[plt-scheme] PLT Scheme v203 available

From: MJ Ray (markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Tue Dec 24 14:06:42 EST 2002

Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> That would be very nice, but I think that the main target should be RH
> since it has users that are most similar to the Windows state of mind,
> where either you get a binary or you forget about it.

I don't.  I can see some mileage in providing a /usr/local binary tarball
that may work on some common distributions, but I can quite appreciate the
developers not wanting to waste their time doing RedHat's job.  Something
the size/complexity of PLT Scheme doesn't package easily -- you have to know
the packaging system *and* the software quite well.  PLT are already very
good with the software, so let's let them concentrate on that and help us
packagers when necessary.  Having a binary tarball would be a help, as we
could compare with that if we can't make the packaging work quite right.

MJR   http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   IM: slef at jabber.at
      This is my home web site.   This for Jabber Messaging.

How's my writing? Let me know via any of my contact details.

Posted on the users mailing list.