[plt-scheme] case sensitivity in servlets

From: Paul Graunke (ptg at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 23 16:24:53 EST 2002

At Sun, 22 Dec 2002 17:45:00 -0500 (EST), Doug Orleans wrote:

> It appears that the web-server collection (v203) loads servlet files
> in case-sensitive mode.  This servlet prints "Foo" instead of "foo":
>
> (require (lib "unitsig.ss") (lib "servlet-sig.ss" "web-server"))
> (unit/sig ()
>   (import servlet^)
>   `(html (body ,(symbol->string 'Foo))))
>
> Is this intentional?

Yes.  Someone (Krill?) points out that XML is case sensitive, so the
x-expressions in servlets should be case sensitive by default.

> It probably ought to be documented, if it isn't
> already.  (I didn't see anything in plt/collects/web-server/doc.txt;

I just added a sentence or two and checked it in.
> is that really the definitive documentation, by the way?

Yes.  All doc.txt's are definitive.  Any errors should be reported.
> It's slightly ironic that there are no HTML docs for the web server...)

There are.  The Web server serves them.  They are online also, but
nobody can find them.  I should link them in somewhere useful.

> --dougo at ccs.neu.edu

Thanks,

Paul

Posted on the users mailing list.