[plt-scheme] ? support for SICM ?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 18 14:52:17 EST 2002

At Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:45:54 -0800, "Brian Beckman" wrote:
> Much nicer would be a more standard base and implementation of scmutils
> -- say on PLT Scheme

This code really needs `module'. It's a poster child for everything
that goes wrong without a macro-aware module system.

I've already abandoned one attempt at a port (about a year ago). I quit
mainly because I needed to spend much more time understanding how the
code put itself together.

The final straw was this bit of code:

 (define (apply-extension-init)
  (bind-default-condition-handler
   (list condition-type:inapplicable-object)
   (lambda (condition)
     (if *enable-generic-apply*
         ((stack-frame->continuation
           (stack-frame/next
            (stack-frame/next
             (stack-frame/next
              (continuation->stack-frame
               (condition/continuation condition))))))
          (lambda args
            (g:apply (inapplicable-object/operator condition) args))))))

I expect the same job could be done in PLT Scheme by defining a
suitable `#%app' form (i.e., re-define application statically instead
of through dynamic tricks). Figuring out where to use the new `#%app'
form... well, that's the catch.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.