[plt-scheme] slib packaging

From: MJ Ray (markj+0111 at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Fri Dec 13 06:53:48 EST 2002

Neil W. Van Dyke <neil at neilvandyke.org> wrote:
> For SLIB use from within PLT, the current best approach for my needs
> seems to be to use the standard "slibinit" collection and unpack the
> latest SLIB in the PLT tree as "collects/slib".

Shouldn't there be one slib copy per system, probably in /usr/lib/slib or
/usr/share/slib?  (I've not checked FHS on this one, hence the two options.)
Only the PLT-specifics should be in /usr/lib/plt, really, such as the
catalogue.

Packaging a PLT-specific SLIB seems contradictory to me.  My Opinion Only.
MJR   http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   IM: slef at jabber.at
      This is my home web site.   This for Jabber Messaging.

How's my writing? Let me know via any of my contact details.

Posted on the users mailing list.