[plt-scheme] http authentication?

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Wed Dec 11 20:58:28 EST 2002

On Dec 11, Anton van Straaten wrote:
> I agree - even without interactive shell usability, scsh
> functionality would be very useful.  I notice it's been on the PLT
> projects list for quite some time.  An additional twist for widest
> usability would be to support Windows without Cygwin, even if only
> with a subset of scsh-style functionality.  The scripting languages
> manage to do this, more or less (although portability often isn't
> perfect).

Yes -- the one bit which I think I got right was allowing you to mix
subprocesses and Scheme threads freely.  What this means is that on a
bare shell implementation you get whatever your OS gives you (in the
form of programs, not libraries), but on top of that you will be able
to replace some programs by a Scheme procedure that implements the
same functionality -- the only question is how far down the flag list
you're willing to implement...  This goes with the keyword arguments
thing which will definitely be needed for such functions (I wonder
what would be a good solution to the fact that in a shell a keyword
prefix is a -dash vs the more lispish :colon).