[plt-scheme] Question about scheme os for information appliances (phones)

From: Rohan Nicholls (rohan.nicholls at informaat.nl)
Date: Sun Dec 8 08:18:04 EST 2002

Matthew Flatt wrote:

> At Thu, 5 Dec 2002 11:08:56 -0500, "Steven Jenkins" wrote:
>
>>For example, is Flux still being actively worked on?  (Matthew?)
>

> The OSKit is still actively maintained and used by OS researchers.
>
> I haven't built the "MzScheme OS" on top of the OSKit in a long while.
> There were some problems (the parts of the OSKit I tried to use weren't
> stable) and there was no demand.
>
> Matthew

Very interesting, is this a lowlevel api for building an OS?  It does
the connecting, you use the computer for what you want sort of thing?

Is there a link, and would you be interested in building MzScheme OS
again?  If not could you give tips to someone who would?  Did you find
that there were performance issues?

Thanks,
rohan

Posted on the users mailing list.