[plt-scheme] opengl on windows

From: Scott Owens (sowens at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 8 14:45:39 EST 2002

I'm not sure what is causing that error, but once you get it fixed, I
don't think the OpenGL bindings will compile under Windows anyway.  I
have had one report of failure of the binding to compile under Windows
and haven't had the time or resources (no Windows computer) to fix the
problem yet.  I hope to be able to do this over the holidays since
there seems to be some demand for them now.

-Scott

On Sunday, December 8, 2002, at 08:15  AM, Dr. Peter Ivanyi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with plt-scheme under windows. I would like to
> use OpenGl and I managed to use Scott Owens' OpenGL bindings
> under Linux. However under Windows I get the following error
> message:
>
> setup-plt: Compiling .zos for sgl at C:\PROGRA~1\PLT\collects\sgl
> setup-plt: error loading installer: string-append: expects type
> <string> as 1st
> argument, given: #f; other arguments were: "/collects/compiler"
> setup-plt: Done setting up
> setup-plt:
> setup-plt: Error during General Install for sgl
> (C:\PROGRA~1\PLT\collects\sgl)
> setup-plt:   setup-plt: error loading installer: string-append:
> expects type
> <string> as 1st argument, given: #f; other arguments were:
> "/collects/compiler"
>
> I have MS Visual Studio 6.0 installed on the system. I guess
> there is nothing set as a compiler. (I do not know whether it
> matters, but first plt-scheme was installed then MS Visual Studio.)
> I am new to plt-scheme (not to scheme), so I do not know what to set
> and how. Anybody can help me with this ?
>
> Thanx, in advance.
>
>                                 Peter Ivanyi

Posted on the users mailing list.