[plt-scheme] MrEd: multiple displays

From: Doug Orleans (dougo at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 6 18:26:01 EST 2002

Neil W. Van Dyke writes:
 > Side note: If you want to migrate a running X client, then putting the
 > entire session in VNC or RDesktop or similar (as opposed to using XEmacs
 > gnuclient) is probably the way to go for the next couple years.

Yeah, the only reason I use gnuserv/gnuclient is if I need to connect
to XEmacs from somewhere with no VNC client and no Java-enabled
browser (for the applet VNC client)-- I ssh to my campus machine and
use gnuclient -nw.  Also handy if I don't have the bandwidth for VNC.
And, well, it's slightly more convenient to run gnuclient when I login
on console than to run vncviewer and do M-x make-frame-on-display.

(What happens after the next couple years?)

--dougo at ccs.neu.edu

Posted on the users mailing list.