[plt-scheme] MrEd: multiple displays

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 6 16:19:27 EST 2002

At Fri, 6 Dec 2002 15:52:57 -0500 (EST), Doug Orleans wrote:
> I guess I'm naive about how X works-- don't you already have to give
> it a display argument when you make a top-level window?  Why is it
> that hard to expose this argument to the MrEd top-level window classes?

Bitmaps are a pain, and they're used a lot. (Colors are a problem,
too.)

When we supported multiple X displays, we had lots of code to move
bitmaps around as needed. Even designating bitmaps as display-specific
(and adding code to check compatibility) is painful.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.