[plt-scheme] Question about scheme os for information appliances (phones)

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 5 11:04:45 EST 2002

It would seem that the commercial mobile phone OS
market is sewn up.  Symbian is Windows with a
functional but somewhat limited OS, and Windows is
Apple with a flashy but crashy system (I'm talking
about the pre-OS X days).  I think there is still room
for a Linux but I don't know how hackable mobile
phones are.  I wouldn't be surprised if it is
impossible to overwrite the pre-installed OS.

Noel