[plt-scheme] I want the old help desk back

From: Paul Steckler (steck at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 27 11:04:16 EDT 2002

> Well sure, but this is kind of a circular argument, as the old help
> desk apparently didn't need those tags.  Or is the new setup offering
> some new functionality that I've missed so far?

The main benefits are that we don't have to maintain a browser, and we
can link to arbitrary HTML content.

I realize the switch is causing pain here and there, but it appears to
be a better long-term strategy.

> Speaking of frames: Dillo is on the list of Unix browsers, but it (as
> of version 0.6.6) also doesn't support frames, so choosing *that* as
> my default browser is also kind of a frustrating experience.

That's probably a bad choice on the part of Dillo.

> Paul> Would it be useful to have separate browser settings for Help
> Desk than
> Paul> for send-url in general?
>
> Definitely.  It would also help if I could add new browsers via a
> command-line template or something.

I'll pass this along to Paul Graunke, who handles this kind of thing.

-- Paul

Posted on the users mailing list.