[plt-scheme] PLT 200 and paint by numbers

From: jos koot (jja.koot at wolmail.nl)
Date: Sat Aug 24 12:23:57 EDT 2002

Hi,
After a year of absence I restarted scheming a weak or so ago. As an old
friend of PLT's scheme, I looked to PLT's scheme of course. PLT200 seems
very nice to me (although it still exibits some problems). I am
particularly pleased with the modules and the enhanced hygienic macro
facilities.

Of course I have looked into the games, paint-by-numbers included. On my 64
Mb machine the solve function thrashes on virtual memory even with problems
of moderate size. I have made a solver that probably consumes more time, but
surely requires far less memory. If you are interested, then look into the
attachment. It does work in version 103, but for reasons I am unaware of,
version 200 does not accept my code, in particular the hygienic macro
co-lambda. May be someone can point me to the error.

Greetings, Jacob J. A. Koot