[plt-scheme] MzScheme source on Mac OS 9

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 22 17:29:49 EDT 2002

At Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:59:04 -0400, Brian Campbell wrote:
> When I try and download source for MzScheme on Mac OS 9, I am
> redirected to a blank page. When I try and download source for
> DrScheme on Mac OS 9, I get a page that tells me that the source
> is not available.

We'll get that fixed. The OS X source distribution should work
meanwhile.

> When I check out the exp tag from CVS, I can't
> find any instructions on how to build it on Mac OS 9, or
> anything that looks like a CodeWarrior project.

See plt/src/README. The "Mac OS" section has two subsections, and the
second one is for OS Classic.

There's nothing about CodeWarrior, though. We use MPW.

> We are using it as an
> embedded scripting language for a multimedia engine, and need to
> support Mac OS 9, and be able to link the MzScheme interpreter
> into our application. Does anyone know of a way to do that?

I need to add a target to the Makefile for building MzScheme as a
library instead of building the complete MrEd application. That should
be easy, and I'll work on it now.

I'm not sure about using MPW libraries in CW, so I may need help from
you to make that work.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.