[plt-scheme] formatting integer in string

From: Bruce Butterfield (bab at entricom.com)
Date: Mon Aug 19 11:51:36 EDT 2002

Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:

> Chris Uzdavinis wrote:
>

>>I'd have to be stupid to think nobody using Scheme ever
>>formats numbers into strings, but shoot me if I can
>>figure out how to do it. :)
>

> You could use SLIB's format, which is an almost
> complete implementation of Common Lisp's format.
>
> http://swissnet.ai.mit.edu/~jaffer/slib_3.html#SEC47
>
> Would it be possible to distribute a .plt-package that
> automagically installs slib?
>
> --
> Jens Axel Søgaard

A PLT port of SLIB format is available at schematics.sourceforge.net via
CVS (look in src/libs/format) or by getting the scm-pdf download which
includes format.plt. Advantages include a smaller footprint than loading
all of SLIB and it also avoids SLIB's somewhat PLT-incompatible
packaging scheme.

Posted on the users mailing list.