[plt-scheme] No network - no help

From: Chris Uzdavinis (chris at atdesk.com)
Date: Tue Aug 13 07:40:24 EDT 2002

steck at ccs.neu.edu (Paul Steckler) writes:

> Benderjg2 at aol.com wrote:
> > Per se, if you have been able to run the v200 web server on your machine
> > without a network, I think you should be able to get the help desk to work
> > in v201.
>
> No, the v200 Help Desk did not use the Web server, just the file system.

I ran into a problem with this last night, which was the first time
I've installed the v201 and used the web-help.

I access the web through a proxy server that runs on another machine,
and so my browser(s) are configured to go through the proxy server.

When I use help from within DrScheme, it can't find any of the help
files because the browser is still configured to use the proxy and
it's getting confused.  (Netscape 4.7 on Linux).  When I edit the
browser configuration to use a "direct" connection to the web, then I
can access help.  But editing it back and forth is going to get
tedious. Is there a way to get help working without having to keep
changing my browser configuration?

Secondly, the first time I run help it asked which browser I wish to
use, but subsequently it uses the same browser as before.  What must I
edit/delete in order to use a different browser?  I'm willing to have
mozilla just for DrScheme help if that's the only solution.

(I'm running RedHat Linux 7.3.)

Thanks!

--
Chris