[plt-scheme] Re: matching XML types

From: MJ Ray (markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Sun Aug 11 14:13:14 EDT 2002

Benderjg2 at aol.com <Benderjg2 at aol.com> wrote:
> [...] With SXML, I'm pretty sure one could, off-the-shelf, use PLT's
> match. [...]

Indeed, you can.

> At the same time, there will soon be an alternative available-- pattern
> matching based on the regular expression pattern matching of XDuce.

Based on XDuce?  So not XDuce?

> The predicate a:link? will fail to match (link "some text") and (b:link
> "another element")-- because both the predicates and the pattern matching
> system use the expanded names for all tag comparisons.

What about link?

Please at least stop the HTML email to the list.

Anyway, I think I need to take more of a look at Web-It before I can make
substantial comments.  I still instinctively lean towards having something
built on SXML, but your ideas are interesting.

MJR

Posted on the users mailing list.